Prime Rentals Taber opened its doors as Jen-Ko Rentals in 1979 in a small 1000 sq. ft. building with a small selection of equipment for home owners and small construction, 2 employees including the owner. In September, 1991 Kim Tymko changed the name to Prime Rentals Ltd. In January 2000 Prime moved into a 5000 sq. ft space right across the street, and was steadily adding numbers to their staff and to its inventory and variety of equipment.
In June, 2012 Prime celebrated its Grand Opening of its newest facility, right next door to where it had been for 12 years. This 8000 sq. ft. facility, and 2 acres of land was a welcome change for the Taber store.